• Announcements

• Rainbow Dash [Amelia]

Discord synchronization   11/04/2017

Hello everyone, After a huge while we finally added the forum to discord synchronization. You are now able to authenticate yourself on our Discord server.   How to Authenticate: Authentication is pretty easy, you first need to open our Authentication website http://equestriansouls.aperture-development.de/auth/index.php then follow the instructions on the website. After all that you are settled and able to use our discord server, you and others are even able to lookup your profile with !profile <user>   How does it work: We use a System called OAuth, that allows you to login on your provider and returns us your account information, like your Profile name. This transfer does not give us your password or any private information. The only data we are saving is your discord id and your forum account information ( DisplayName, Profile link, ID, groupid ). We Don’t use or save any personal information. Please make sure that you are logged in with the correct discord account, if you got the wrong one and get a error message while trying to use "!profile", you can simply start again by restarting your browser.   For those that are already authenticated: Don't worry. We don't force you to authenticate. But it would make it easier for us to identify you on discord.   Thanks for your time, ~Rainbow Dash
Sign in to follow this  
Glide

A New Era...

Glide    71

Greetings, everypony! I'd like to welcome you all to our new home, Equestrian Souls! It took a few days more than I had hoped, but I wanted to make sure we had our SSL set up for any security issues.

Anywho, you may have noticed that we are starting fresh. We couldn't get a proper back up of the old site, sadly. We also figured it'd be a bigger hassle than it's worth to try and salvage everything. So, we've decided to start fresh. Starting fresh means we get to play around with a few things. I'll go through some of the changes we're trying out.

Blogs - Journals will now be done via blogs. The best part? You don't even need to message an administrator now, you can make your own! Regular users will be allowed one blog, but donators will be able to create any number they wish to. You will however have to contact a staff member to have your journal put up here. We figure with this new style of listing journals, they'll be easier to find, as well as more organized.

Clubs - We've been messing around with a new feature we have access to. Clubs are like little forums within the forum. You can join as many clubs as you'd like, post in them and a few other things as well. It's a bit hard to explain it all, so I suggest just messing around with them and seeing what you find! Also, donators will be able to create their own clubs as well!

Hypnosis Files - We're currently working on hosting all the files server side. The files are currently not up for download right now until we figure out how we want to do it, so please bear with us while we work on that.

We know a lot has happened over the past week. At the end of the day though, what's done is done. I know a lot was lost, but to dwell on the past is only going to drag us down as a community. So let's all move forward and make something even better. With that said, from all of us here at the staff, we hope you enjoy this new home. I'll leave this thread open to any and all feedback or possible ideas. Please keep in mind there's some temporary stuff right now, such as the forum banner. We'll be adding a lot more over the next few weeks, so stay tuned~!

Thank you,
Glide

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1