• Announcements

• Celestia

Nightmare Night Raffle   09/29/2017

Greetings Everypony, This October is the run up to Nightmare Night. For the community I shall be holding a raffle which would bring in such fun.  To join in the festivities I will give the community a few ways to gain entry into the raffle: -Change your discord avatar to one of your character in costume, with a username to match. (See -Witch Luna /Batlestia as an example) -Make 10 posts to the forum throughout the month, This includes replies, You may do status updates, but only once a day. Journals count as 2 posts. -Donators automatically get one free entry You may have more than one ticket and we have many prizes coming your way. Winners will be given on a first drawn, first choice basis, a selection of different prizes. If anyone has any prizes such as steam keys to give away, you will also receive an entry for helping. Good luck and Happy Nightmare Night. -Luna & Celestia
Shadow Dash [Amelia]

Our Website and Ultra wide screens

Our Website and Ultra wide screens  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Should we set zoom to 1 for <main> on resolutions over 2000 in width? Or should it stay like it is now?

• Zoom 1 ( https://i.imgur.com/4QGoK2p.png ) - Change
    • Zoom 2 ( https://i.imgur.com/D5U3NY2.png ) - Stay

Create4Life    5

Thank you very much for proposing this change and the quick reaction to my inquiry.
To those voting, please keep in mind that this change does not change anything for the common 16:9 HD monitors but prevents huge amounts of wasted screen space found in wider formats.
This change might negatively affect 4k screens, but I cannot tell as I dont have a 4k screen.

Edited by Create4Life
Spelling

RDashie    7

I think it should stay like this. I got a resolution of 5760x1200 and I think it wouldn't be very handy if it would spread all over the 3 screens. :Derp:

Edited by RDashie

Create4Life    5
On 9/26/2017 at 9:21 PM, RDashie said:

I think it should stay like this. I got a resolution of 5760x1200 and I think it wouldn't be very handy if it would spread all over the 3 screens.

I cant quite grasp what you mean with that. Would you mind explaining in detail what you want to prevent?

I think you are missunderstanding your desktop resolution with the resolution of the webbrowser window.
The only important part in deciding the scaling/zoom as it is handled right now is the window size. The desktop resolution is irrelevant in that aspect.
If you have 3 displays with a resolution of 1920:1080 next to one another and you have one web browser full screen on one of the three screens nothing changes for you as the window resolution is still inferior to 2000 in width.

The only case where the site would spread over all the screens is if you were to spread the webbrowser over all three monitors which would be rather peculiar.

What this does prevent though is seeing less and less of the site as the window gets wider and wider, as everything becomes bigger and bigger.
For resolutions up to 2000 pixels wide everything works normal in regard to scaling. A bigger window means you see more content. But from 2000 pixels onward you actually see less content by increasing the window size because of the agressive scaling.

RDashie    7
15 hours ago, Create4Life said:

I cant quite grasp what you mean with that. Would you mind explaining in detail what you want to prevent?

I think you are missunderstanding your desktop resolution with the resolution of the webbrowser window.
The only important part in deciding the scaling/zoom as it is handled right now is the window size. The desktop resolution is irrelevant in that aspect.
If you have 3 displays with a resolution of 1920:1080 next to one another and you have one web browser full screen on one of the three screens nothing changes for you as the window resolution is still inferior to 2000 in width.

The only case where the site would spread over all the screens is if you were to spread the webbrowser over all three monitors which would be rather peculiar.

What this does prevent though is seeing less and less of the site as the window gets wider and wider, as everything becomes bigger and bigger.
For resolutions up to 2000 pixels wide everything works normal in regard to scaling. A bigger window means you see more content. But from 2000 pixels onward you actually see less content by increasing the window size because of the agressive scaling.

ahw, i see i forgot the emoji in the last message.

i meant it as a joke :Derp: