• Announcements

• Bright Star

Donators   08/03/2017

If you have donated and still have not received Donator's status on Discord and/or the forums, please message @Glide directly.
    • Star Shard

Files are back   08/05/2017

The files are now available for download again Currently only the mane6 and the reset file are available, though we wil be adding the rest in the short future. You can find them in the tab above. 
    • Bright Star

New themes   08/08/2017

We now have new themes as well as a new banner provided by @Dashie! We have a Celestial light theme and a Lunar dark theme. There will be more to come in the future, so stay tuned~
Sign in to follow this  
shiron222

Idea for File?

shiron222    15

We have an "Experience the Show" file, but what about an "Experience the Fanfiction" file?  Is that even viable?

Frenz    12

As soon as I read this my mind went to an in-between of "That'd be weird because it wouldn't be an honest/true experience to the character" and "But then again, some fanfics are very well written and analyzed around the canon in the show".

I'd say whoever makes this file should be very picky around the fanfic used or based on, if they do. But that's just me

• Like 1

ObeyBunny    3
On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 5:07 AM, shiron222 said:

We have an "Experience the Show" file, but what about an "Experience the Fanfiction" file?  Is that even viable?

Oh, yes! I'd love to see what fanfiction you choose!

Might I suggest The Conversion Bureau? You've been living in a dorm full of humans and ponies alike and binge watching educational videos on how to do basic pony things. Finally, 7 days is up and you are taken to a compact hospital room in the back of the facility. You feel a thrill of fear thinking about being this close to the outermost wall. Before you stopped watching the news, you were aware that terrorist attacks were being targeted at Bureaus. A lab coat-wearing human with a heavy steel briefcase steps in. The lab technician gives you a brief rundown of the procedure, and what you can expect from the experience. You've heard dreams are common. She opens the case, pours a cup of purple syrup into a Dixy cup out of a beaker covered in warning stickers. "Don't sip, and don't spill. Otherwise, we'll have a medical emergency on our hands," she says. You take the cup...

It deals with transforming for the first time, there's a 'dream sequence' that can act exactly like other hypnosis files that directly ask you to pick your fur color or 'fill a box with your memories' or whatever, it lets you mentally and physically explore your hooves, tail, rotating ears, lower-to-the-ground view, and whatnot. If you have multiple versions of this file, you could flex your wings if you're a Pegasus, send sparks out of your horn if you are a unicorn, feel soft tremors through the ground and feel the magnet like tugging of grass seeds buried under the facility if you're an Earth Pony. You could also have a file that lets you be surprised at your color pallet if you haven't decided what your OC looks like.   

Failing that, you could have an "Experience the Episode" file. Maybe the listener becomes Rarity as she casts illusion magic behind her models on the stage like she does in Suited For Success. I can't access any files now, for some reason, but back when this website was called Hypnoponies, there was one named "a touch of magic" that focused on the feeling of using familiar magic (turning pages in a book) and practicing unfamiliar magic (casting 'fireworks' for the first time) 

• Like 1

shiron222    15
On 7/29/2017 at 1:20 PM, Frenz said:

As soon as I read this my mind went to an in-between of "That'd be weird because it wouldn't be an honest/true experience to the character" and "But then again, some fanfics are very well written and analyzed around the canon in the show".

I'd say whoever makes this file should be very picky around the fanfic used or based on, if they do. But that's just me

Perhaps, but one of the interesting things about fanfiction is the alteration of character. Certainly unintentionally poor representation of character is bad, but there are quite a few well written (or at least interesting) fanfics where characters are way different from their canon selves. Hard Reset is a prime example of altered characterization done well. It might be a dark story, but if there are safety nets in place and you can't feel actual pain then it might be an interesting experience. 

As an aside from the original topic I wonder what other experience files we can come up with than just "Experience the Fanfic". 

Definitely would require strong and careful consideration of the fanfictions it would be effective for. For this instance, I wouldn't recommend such a file, considering the extensive badly-written fics that could accidentally trigger the file and effect. It wouldn't be a good idea to risk it without quite a few failsafes.

On 7/30/2017 at 6:08 PM, ObeyBunny said:

Oh, yes! I'd love to see what fanfiction you choose!

Might I suggest The Conversion Bureau? You've been living in a dorm full of humans and ponies alike and binge watching educational videos on how to do basic pony things. Finally, 7 days is up and you are taken to a compact hospital room in the back of the facility. You feel a thrill of fear thinking about being this close to the outermost wall. Before you stopped watching the news, you were aware that terrorist attacks were being targeted at Bureaus. A lab coat-wearing human with a heavy steel briefcase steps in. The lab technician gives you a brief rundown of the procedure, and what you can expect from the experience. You've heard dreams are common. She opens the case, pours a cup of purple syrup into a Dixy cup out of a beaker covered in warning stickers. "Don't sip, and don't spill. Otherwise, we'll have a medical emergency on our hands," she says. You take the cup...

It deals with transforming for the first time, there's a 'dream sequence' that can act exactly like other hypnosis files that directly ask you to pick your fur color or 'fill a box with your memories' or whatever, it lets you mentally and physically explore your hooves, tail, rotating ears, lower-to-the-ground view, and whatnot. If you have multiple versions of this file, you could flex your wings if you're a Pegasus, send sparks out of your horn if you are a unicorn, feel soft tremors through the ground and feel the magnet like tugging of grass seeds buried under the facility if you're an Earth Pony. You could also have a file that lets you be surprised at your color pallet if you haven't decided what your OC looks like.   

Failing that, you could have an "Experience the Episode" file. Maybe the listener becomes Rarity as she casts illusion magic behind her models on the stage like she does in Suited For Success. I can't access any files now, for some reason, but back when this website was called Hypnoponies, there was one named "a touch of magic" that focused on the feeling of using familiar magic (turning pages in a book) and practicing unfamiliar magic (casting 'fireworks' for the first time) 

Can you link me that fic?

• Haha 1

shiron222    15

Loved the one where Leonardo Da Vinci is literally Starswirl...that idea is bloody brilliant. Think it was executed reasonably well too.

ObeyBunny    3

Is anyone able to suggest lines for a hypnosis file? I'd like to try my hand at it. Although I'd like a real person to look it over when I submit mine.